(To obtain a copy of this notice in an alternative format please phone us at (800) 832-7675 or email us at email@example.com.
The California Consumer Privacy Act gives a consumer the right to request that we disclose the following upon receipt of a verified request:
- The categories of personal information we collect;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The purpose for collecting the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares persona information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected, disclosed, or sold.
The California Consumer Privacy Act also requires that we disclose the categories of personal information we typically collect about a consumer. We typically collect the following categories of information from you (and others as noted):
- personal identifying information, including, but not limited to name, address, telephone number, social security number, account number, email address, driver’s license number, as well as other identifying information, which we obtain from a person’s creditor, and/or credit reports and/or third party data providers and/or the consumer;
- health insurance information, if the debt is a medical debt, which we obtain from a person’s creditor and/or the consumer;
- characteristics such as age, gender, etc., which we obtain from credit reports and/or a person’s creditor and/or the consumer;
- retail information, which we obtain from credit reports and/or a person’s creditor;
- internet activity such as IP address from cookies, after visiting our websites or payment portal
- banking information, which we obtain from a person’s creditor and/or credit reports and/or third party data providers and/or the consumer;
- geolocation data and location data, including GPS coordinates, which we obtain from process servers if there is a lawsuit filed;
- call recordings, which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us;
- professional and employment related information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports, third party data providers, consumer’s employer, and/or the consumer;
- educational information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports, and/or possibly any applications or other documents gathered from a person’s creditor; and
- biometric information including, but not limited to physical descriptions, photos and voiceprints (audio recordings), which we obtained from person’s creditor and/or process servers if there is a lawsuit, and recordings which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us.
If you wish to request the categories of information or the actual information we have collected about you, please call us at (800) 832-7675, email us at Privacy@pandf.us, or by using our Contact Us page. Any of the information that is collected will be used for debt collection purposes.
Once we receive your request, we will compare information you provided with the information Patenaude & Felix, APC already has. If we can verify that the request came from you, we will provide the required information. We will match 2-3 identifying, personal information data points to verify that the request came from the consumer. If we cannot verify that the request came from the consumer, we will notify the consumer.
The California Consumer Privacy Act also provides for the right to opt out of the sale of personal information. However, Patenaude & Felix, APC does not and will not sell personal information. We do not disclose information to credit reporting agencies.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides for the right for consumers to request deletion of their information, subject to various exceptions. The information that Patenaude & Felix, APC collects generally falls within an exception and does not have to be deleted upon request. Nonetheless, such a request can be made by calling us at (800) 832-7675, by email at Privacy@pandf.us or through our Contact Us page.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides that the consumer has a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
The California Privacy Act provides that a consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act. The consumer must provide either a power of attorney or written authorization to authorize an agent to make a request.
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time and any amendments will be posted on this website.
This law firm is a debt collector, as defined by 15 U.S.C. Section 1692(a)(6), and this is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained by us will be used for that purpose.
Patenaude & Felix, APC is committed to respecting your privacy, and we take the responsibility of protecting your personal and financial information seriously. This Online Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to www.pandf.us, including the web sites, features, applications, online services and functionality available www.pandf.us that post a link to this Statement, whether accessed via computer, mobile device or otherwise (collectively, the "Site"), and explains how Patenaude & Felix, APC collects, uses, and shares information from or about you when you visit the Site. The Site is owned or controlled by Patenaude & Felix, APC and Patenaude & Felix, APC is the commercial operator of this Site. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS STATEMENT BEFORE USING THE SITE, AS IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. This Statement does not apply to any other web sites or any offline activities by Patenaude & Felix, APC (unless specifically stated).
This Statement describes the types of information Patenaude & Felix, APC collects from visitors to the Site and what we do with this information. This Statement applies solely to information that visitors provide through our Site.Information Collection
When you visit our Site, we may collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
In addition to the above information, we may also gather personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, address, social security number, date of birth, phone number, and email address. We may gather such information, for example, when you use the Site to make a payment or otherwise provide information requested on the Site.
We may use your personal information for our business purposes as well as for risk management and for legal compliance purposes.Cookies & Flash Objects
When you provide information to us through our Site, we may share your information with Clients that maintain ownership of your deficiency account(s). Information is also shared with Service Providers we have retained to perform payment processing on our behalf. These Service Providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose your information (i) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that all or part of Patenaude & Felix, APC or all or part of its assets are acquired by, merged with, sold to, or otherwise disposed of to one or more third parties (including, without limitation, in the event of bankruptcy).California Residents
Patenaude & Felix, APC does not share California residents' personal information with affiliates or third parties for the affiliates' or third parties' direct marketing purposes.Information Security
We have policies restricting access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and Clients who have a need to know such information (e.g., to process your transactions or provide services to you). We and our Clients have implemented and maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect against loss or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide on our Site.Maintaining Accurate Information
We have procedures in place that help us to maintain the accuracy of the personally identifiable information we collect. Please contact Patenaude & Felix, APC at (800) 832-7675, if you believe that our information about you is incomplete, out- of-date, or incorrect.Notice to Persons Accessing this Site Outside the United States
If you are accessing our website from a location outside of the United States, all information you provide on our Site will be transferred out of your resident country into the United States. Do not provide information to us if you do not want your personally identifiable information to leave your country. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you are explicitly consenting to the transfer of your information to the United States and will be bound by United States law.Consumer Choices Regarding Collection of Personal Information
If you do not approve of the Firm's methods regarding collection of personal information, you can call us at (800) 832-7675 and ask to speak with a Legal account Representative.Changes to this Notice
We may add to, delete, or change the terms of this Online Privacy Statement from time to time by posting a notice of the change (or an amended Online Privacy Statement) at this website. Your continued use of our website or any online service following notification will constitute your agreement to the revised Online Privacy Statement.Questions
If you have any questions regarding this Online Privacy Statement, you can call us at (800) 832-7675.
Effective Date: October 8, 2018
Updated On: October 13, 2021